Friday, March 16, 2007

Yes, My Lady: La Dama Domina: an Introduction

Welcome
to My column and the newest addition to the bondage.com website. I am
Domina Lady, a well known and respected Lifestyle and Professional
Dominant, residing in San Francisco, California, USA. I am a skilled SM
artist and sexually dominant woman who is plainly passionate about BDSM
and fetish. I will be visiting with you, the bondage.com community, on
a biweekly basis to share My private life and experiences as a
Professional Domina and to discuss BDSM from a Professional Domina's
perspective.

What makes this column unique from the other columns
at bondage.com? Pace provides the updates and on-goings at bondage.com.
Aiken, the world affairs from a BDSM perspective - and silkenluv, she
offers information on BDSM from her own unique perspective as a
submissive. I bestow the inner workings of Professional Dominance and
the private life of a real Domina. There is a voyeuristic fascination
with what lies behind the leather curtain - the private life of the
Dominatrix. We seem to be an outlandish, taboo, reserved bunch. I am
one in a shadow industry, only mentioned in fiction, the media, and
whispers. Yet, through My craft I contribute toward changing lives by
facilitating deeper self-understanding. How does tying people up and
beating on them produce this, you ask? By providing a space of freedom
where clients are free to be the person that society shames them for
being. SM and the Professional Domina can provide an often-profound
experience. Many clients share with Me their closely held secrets and
passions. It also takes courage, trust, and vulnerability to come and
submit to Me. These are all traits that I hope to inspire in people. It
is through relating with Me and submitting to Me that clients are able
to discuss their desires, fantasies, and fears in a compassionate
space, which only leads to self-examination and personal growth.

In
this column, I will cover a gambit of content that I believe will
hearten self-examination, education, and joy: from actual accounts of
My professional sessions that cover what type of behavior I and other
real Dominants reward to exclusive interviews with other Professional
Dominants, Switches, submissives...and even clients. You can look
forward to reviews and accounts of BDSM classes, fetish events, and
play parties. I will also provide instructions on "How-to" engage in
certain BDSM acts from a Professional Dominant's perspective, how to
use certain types of equipment, and how to find a professional Dominant
that is right for you.

Occasionally, I will elicit questions from
you to which I will answer in My column. What kind of questions do I
wish to receive via e-mail from you? Questions about Me, Professional
Dominance, BDSM, a particular type of play, toy, equipment, and/or
ideology. I also desire that you interact with Me and make suggestions
on content. What do you desire to learn from and read about a
Professional Domina? I will appreciate messages that offer suggestions
that are related to Me, Professional Dominance, and/or BDSM from a
professional perspective. I have already chatted with some of you in
the bondage.com community, in the BDSM-net hosted by bondage.com in
conjunction with Handcuff.com, and many of you have kindly asked for me
to cover a variety of BDSM issues, such as safety, toy use, real life
experiences, legalities, the lifestyle, and the non-obvious sides to
BDSM. I thank you for this input, as this column is much like a SM
scene: it takes both parties to make it work. Your contribution as one
who provides suggestions on content is imperative...Domina Lady says
so! Thus, this column will only be as interesting and informative as we
both make it.

Overall, the life force behind My column is,
indeed, Me...about Me. My profession has placed Me in the role of being
an emotional and sexual trail guide. I am a very unique, special Domina
and member of the SM community. I hold a graduate degree from a New
England university and have traveled worldwide for pleasure and
erudition. I have even been caught by a crewmember in the middle of a
scene when on a twenty-one hour flight to Beijing, China. More to come
on that later! How did I become a Professional Dominant, you ask? After
playing both privately and publicly for several years, I began to
ponder Professional Dominance because so many of the women whom I
respect in the SM community are Professional Dominas. While I sat on
the board as the Archivist of the oldest and largest BDSM women's
organization, the membership was notoriously professional. I have spent
much love and labor theorizing and writing about sexuality, BDSM,
power, sexual minorities, and the sex industry as an academic scholar.
I had even worked as a Labor Organizer, organizing the only sex
workers' union in the country. Thus, My passion for scholarship and
organizing has always gravitated toward sex work, sex workers, and
sexual "deviants." Professional Dominance seemed to be one of My many
callings.

While coming to Professional Dominance was
highly a brain activity, I would be lying if I denied the physical
attraction to My profession. I am a highly predatory Top who has always
desired to learn anything and everything that I can about BDSM.
Professional Dominance has allowed Me to learn more about BDSM than all
My years as a Lifestyle player. Lastly, Professional Dominance is a
highly physical activity for Me: I need the sweat, the organization, to
employ My skills, and the journey to that edge we call BDSM.

Welcome to Yes, My Lady, I look forward to interacting with you on a biweekly basis. Best to you and great pain.

No comments: